Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Handmade Home

So it's been awhile since I gave my blog the love it deserves, but I made a new year's resolution to be more productive and to improve my web presence. I have a bunch of new items to add to my Etsy shop, and I have some great DIY projects to share.
For now, I would love to entertain you with another installment of Handmade Home. These posts are so fun to put together because I just drool over all the pretty home decor ideas on Pinterest, and I love spotlighting other artisans who make things from their home for yours.
Enjoy!

This is such a cute DIY project anyone can do. I already have most of these items in my home so the cost would be minimal. Inspire, Design, & Create gives a full tutorial here.

These nautical rope vases are so simple to make. They are featured on Bayside Bride, which is (obviously) a wedding site, but they are so GORGEOUS that you could use them as everyday home decor. Change out the flowers to make them seasonal and boom. Prettiness.

To me, there are few things more satisfying than taking something you already own and spiffing it up into something you love even more. That's what Mallory from Hayseed Homemakin' did with this old end table. She wasn't digging the finish, so she stained it to match the rest of her barnwood furniture.Genius!

Now to highlight some artisans who sell some great handmade household items.
Monika from Zig Zag Studios on Etsy makes and sells these incredible floor cushions. Naturally I'm obsessed with this one in yellow ikat.

I. LOVE. HOOP ART. Seriously. It is so wonderfully customizable to any home. I have been wanting to make some of my own to display on my walls, but this set from Love, Maude on Etsy is so much better than what I am capable of making. I always say, when you can't DIY, buy it from someone who can. Check out the rest of her shop too. It's all so pretty.

That's all for today, friends. I'll see you around soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment